Tis the week of Thanksgiving which means it’s time for my annual Gratitude List. Normally, I do this over at Eat Laugh Purr but since I’m no longer regularly posting over there, it shall become a tradition here. Of course, Max always joined me and it wouldn’t feel right to exclude him, so please welcome back Max, aka the Coolest Cat.
[T] Hi Max. Thanks for graciously joining me today. [M] Hi ya, everyone! I’m glad to blogging again, although I’m not sure I had much of a choice, Mama. You woke me up for this. I was dreaming about my pet birdie named Yum Yum that you refuse to give me. I’d really like to take a nap because I’m tired after my breakfast and need to regain my strength to eat lunch. [T] I think you can give me 10 minutes. [M] Fine. Has it been 10 minutes? [T] No. [M] Are you sure? [T] Yes. [M] I don’t believe you but fine. What am I supposed to do? [T] Share your Gratitude List. You know the things that you are thankful for this year. [M]. I am thankful for so much! I am thankful to be the coolest cat. To be worshipped and adored. I am thankful for kibble and wet food. I most thankful for niblets (cat treats) and bouncy balls. I am thankful for my cat tower. My fluffy red bed. I love my Mama and am thankful that I picked her out to be my human caretaker and pet! I am thankful that I don’t have to wear clothes on Thanksgiving … [T] I could dress you up as a pilgrim. [M] No. [T] Or a turkey. [M] I could puke a hairball on your flip flops. Again. [T] Fine, no clothes for Thanksgiving. [M] And Christmas too. [T] …. [M] Mama? Don’t leave a cat hanging!! No clothes for Christmas!! [T] Sadly, I cannot make that promise to you, Max Man. I saw this cute holiday bow-tie and … [M] NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [T] You’d look super handsome in it. [M] Take it back! Take it back! [T] I haven’t bought it yet. [Max] Good! I’d be ever so grateful if you didn’t buy it. Or any clothes. I look good without them! [T] Hmmmm …. [M] I don’t like the sound of that hmmmm, Mama. But let’s get back on topic because I need my nap. We can discuss clothes later (like never) and whether or not I need them (I don’t). Why don’t you tell me what you’re thankful for this year. I’ll help you get started, I’m thankful for Max because he is the very bestest cat in the world. IN THE WORLD! [T] Right. I am thankful for Max because he is the bestest cat in the world … [M] Told ya I had her wrapped about my big white paws! [T] I am also thankful for many other wonderful things, including:
- Supportive and loving parents, family and friends. I couldn’t survive or thrive without my tribe!
- Believing that I can get healthy and actually doing it!
- Great books, even if I am in the midst of a book slump.
- Seeing people come together and make difference.
- All the rain we got last year and hope to get again this year.
- Being able to spend time with family and friends.
- Doing what I love.
- Feeling stronger, both mentally and physically, then I have in years.
- Enjoying clear blue skies, sunshine, cool breezes and palm trees.
- Donating clothes that no longer fit; wearing clothes that haven’t fit in years
- To the ineptitude of Emperor Baby Fists who unintentionally woke a sleeping giant who might have kept slumbering forever, but now have the power, influence and momentum to enact real, permanent change. But we must show up. We must not get complacent!
- And last but certainly not least, I am grateful for elastic waistbands on Thanksgiving and big bowls of stuffing/dressing. I apologize in advance for any hoarding or growling I do at anyone who approaches my coveted dressing. In my defense, I have eaten very little bread since September and I AM HUNGRY. I am also thankful for bread. And potatoes. And pasta. I’m pretty sure that I will fall into a food coma on Thanksgiving, clutching a bowl of dressing. Don’t take it away; I bite.
[T] A bestest cat might have less cattitude, Max.[M] A sane human might not think their cat can blog and be so co-dependent on them. [T] Err … we should be probably wrap this up. You need your mid-morning nap. [M] Darn tooting, I do! And I expect an extra handful of kibble for lunch for all my hard work! [T] Maybe. [M] Yes, you will give extra kibble.. [T] Okay. [M] Like I said earlier, I am adored. And obeyed. I hope you are as lucky as me!
We’d like to wish everyone a safe and joyous Thanksgiving, full of good food and surrounded by loved ones. If you need some help with what to serve on the big day, be sure to check out my 2017 Thanksgiving Recipes Round-Up. Max and I intend to chill with a four day weekend and be back in action on Monday.
What are most grateful for this year? And Happy Thanksgiving!
Tanya and Max
P.S. Yes, Max wasn’t super pleased about having his picture taken. In my defense, it’s really hard to take a selfie with a squirmy, nearly 20 lb cat.