Thanksgiving is almost here. I’ve got my stretchy Thanksgiving pants ready to go, so I can stuff myself silly with … well, stuffing. 🙂 Before I put myself into a food coma, I wanted to share with you what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I consider myself to be a grateful person, but I don’t always take the time to express my gratitude or give thanks for my blessings as I should. It’s why one of my annual Thanksgiving rituals is to write a list of all the things I am grateful for in my life.
It seems like such a simple task but a couple years ago, I really struggled with the exercise. I wrote a few things down but without enthusiasm and to be honest — without a lot of gratitude in my heart. I was going through the motions. Writing what people would expect me to write, even if I didn’t really feel it. It was a wake-up call for me. Next Monday, I’ll outline some of the steps I took to be more mindful around gratitude.
Today, we are going to keep it short and simple because it’s a holiday week and I need to daydream about all the good food I’m going to eat.
Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
10 things that I am grateful this Thanksgiving …
- Having an awesome and supportive family. I thought this was the norm for everyone but I know now that it’s not. I am very grateful to be a part of my family, even if my big brother did pour liquid soap down my throat when I was baby. Rude.
- A super mischievous and healthy cat who always makes me laugh (and yell) every day. Who snuggles so sweetly one minute and then gets into trouble the next. Who rescues me from pesky flies and hogs the bed and blanket while we sleep.
- Good friends in real life and online. I am so appreciative of the connections I’ve made and continue to make every day.
- The unknown. It used to terrify me (okay, still occasionally does). But it is also full of possibilities too.
- Living in sunny Southern California where I can wear flip-flops every day and my toes can be free! FREEDOM!
- So many good books to read and reread.
- Releasing my first book, Authentic Living, on Amazon. A dream come true and hopefully the first of many books.
- Spending every day expressing myself creatively through writing and designing.
- Food! Glorious food! (bonus points if you recognize what animated movie that’s from)
- And you. I’m thankful to every person who visits one of my blogs and chooses to spend a portion of their day with me. THANK YOU!
As a special thank you … here is another page from my book, Authentic Living.
I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! May your day be filled with good food, friends and family and plenty of laughter.
P.S. If you’re looking for a delicious way to use up some of your Thanksgiving leftovers later this week, try my amazing Chicken Gnocchi Soup. It’s so good that you’ll throw out good manners and slurp it up!