My friend Jana had another edition of Three Things and I cannot help but play along. Sure, sure, maybe I didn’t have another post for today but still … I’d have found time to join the fun because you can never know too much about someone. This is a lie. I most definitely believe you can know too much about someone!
3 Current Favorite Songs:
- Praying by Kesha
- Beautiful Trauma by Pink
- Despacito by Luis Fonsi — the non Baby Bieber version (don’t judge but this song makes me shake my booty and feels like I’m giving Emperor Baby Fists the finger because the song is sung in Spanish by a Puerto Rican singer. C’mon, dance with me!)
And don’t worry — I wouldn’t do wrong by you — this is the baby Bieber free version. And you’re welcome.
3 Favorite Vacation Spots:
I don’t have any. Most of my vacations have been fun but more family vacations. Oddly, I am one of the few people where travel is not a priority, although I do have places that I want to visit. These are the places I have not been but believe could become favorite vacation spots.
- Italy (although if they keep pushing facism than no)
- Paris (coffee and croissant at an outdoor cafe)
- Somewhere beachy where I can order fruity drinks on demand
3 Books I Thought I’d Love but Didn’t:
- I See You by Clare Mackintosh (intensely disliked this book)
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
3 Books Everyone Loved that I Hated:
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- You by Caroline Kepnes
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Also, hate is a strong word. I did not hate any of the above books but I’d like to shake the memory of them off me too.
3 Books Everyone Hated that I Loved:
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (This book is the most polarizing of my favorite books. I run into few who like it as most either love it (like me) or hate it. And I am fascinated by which camp you fall in.)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K Rowling (Again not universally hated but this is the book that divides most HP fans. I still liked it though, not as much as books 1-7 but I was just grateful for more Harry Potter. And I suspect it is magnificent when enjoyed as intended — live and on stage.)
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. (This is a bit presumptuous on my part. It’s not as polarizing (yet) as Behind Her Eyes but some found it boring or too slow or didn’t like the twist. Me, I liked the twist. But what I really, really liked was the very, very bad — and brilliant but burn-in-Hell — bad thing Vanessa did. She takes her time unveiling the “bad” thing but patience is a virtue. 😉
3 Common Things I Cannot Do:
- Parallel Park (failed my driver’s test because of this) and I also cannot spell parallel as it took three tries to get it right. My previous attempts were so poor that spell check couldn’t even identify the word and asked me if I was Donald Trump.
- Reach the top shelf at the grocery store (or any store or my closet or my kitchen cabinets)
- Dive (total and utter belly flop every time)
Assuming I even managed to parallel park (unlikely), this is what I fear would happen.
3 Popular Shows I’ve Never Seen:
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians (or any of their gazillion spinoff shows)
- Housewives of Anyplace
- Gilmore Girls (please don’t hate me)
3 Items Always in My Purse that Aren’t My Phone or Wallet:
- Sunglasses or glasses, whichever is not currently slipping down my nose.
- Kleenex because apparently I am an old lady.
- Feminine product (TMI?)
Okay, those are three more things about me. You pick one to answer or tag in!