My good friend Audrey from Life as Louse tagged me in on The Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s not like a real award, where balloons fall from the ceiling and you get an oversized trophy. Nope. Not that kind of award. More like you get to answer lots of questions about yourself, ‘cuz apparently these sunshine people are nosy. Super, super nosy!
I jest. The Sunshine Blogger Award has been floating around forever and it’s fun and harmless and here are my answers to Audrey’s questions.
1) If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with that time?
I’d like to lie and tell you that I’d figure out how to cure cancer, bring about world peace and deactivate Emperor Baby Fists Twitter account. But in reality, I’d probably read and watch more TV. And let’s be real, add another meal to the day.
2) If you were transported to another decade, which decade would you choose?
Hmmmm … I’d got back to the late 80’s/early 90’s. Those were my teens years and there are a few things I’d like to tell teenage Tanya and redo, like no mall hair!
3) What’s something you wish you knew more about?
There should be an obvious answer to this but I’m not sure. Some days I’d like to learn things, like how to knit, photography, enhance my design skills/coding abilities, etc. Other days I’m okay being a bit of noob. And I also feel like whenever I want to “know” something, my buddy Google points me in the right direction too.
4) Would you rather live in a castle, mountain cottage, seaside bungalow, or Beverly Hills mansion?
Oh boy. I like this question. Shall we daydream together?
- Castle: My last name is Moat, which goes around a castle, and I have always felt that it was my destiny to live in a castle, so this gets a strong maybe.
- Mountain Cottage: I hate heights. No.
- Seaside Bungalow: The ocean is one major reason I always wanted to live in LA, so HELL YES!
- Beverly Hills Mansion: The big minus is I don’t know who my neighbors are. Is it someone cool, like Chrissy Teigen or Tiffany Haddish? Or is it a Kardashian? Or Justin Bieber? Someone whose home needs a good egging?
5) What’s a food that you hated as a kid and love as an adult?
I wasn’t terribly found of mushrooms when I was little but grew to love them. Same with sweet potatoes. The one type of food I disliked as a child was Chinese food but I love it now. Let’s just say LaChoy is not a real great representation of what Chinese food is.
6) Are there any “mythical creatures” (big foot, unicorns, ghosts) that you believe in?
I don’t believe in Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster but I possibly believe in ghosts. My cat occasionally prances into the room, stops suddenly and stares at something I can’t see, then turns and runs away as a fast as he can. So either it’s a ghost or a really big ass spider on my wall and frankly — I’d rather it be a ghost. A friendly one, though, like Casper.
7) What is something about you that people think is weird?
Err … everything? Weird is subjective. Some people think it’s weird that I love to read. Or love cats. Or mashed potatoes. And I ain’t giving up any of them. But to be fair, I am kind of weird about my cat. He’s my snuggie wuggum and I looooooooove him.
8) If you had to move out of your city/town, where would you choose to live?
I don’t even want to contemplate this since Max and I are Cali for life. And given the great divide in our country right now, as a non-Caucasian woman I would only live in a blue state in a large metro area where I would feel safe(ish).
9) What’s your favorite television channel?
I don’t know if I have a favorite per se. I watch Elementary on CBS. Timeless on NBC. Supernatural on CW. Speechless on ABC. Cooking shows (not the competition shows) on Food Network and reruns and movies on FX, FXX, TBS and TNT. I also watch a lot of Murder She Wrote reruns on Hallmark Mystery Channel (don’t judge me) and their terrible, but completely addictive made-for-TV movies like the Aurora Teagarden and Garage Sale mysteries (fine, you can judge me).
10) What is your favorite dessert food?
Ummm … all of them? Brownies — yes, please. I like cake, especially strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting. And pie too — apple, cherry, lemon, strawberry, strawberry/rhubarb, banana pudding — essentially all of them. Apple crisp, chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling. Chocolate pudding. Oreos. Milk Duds. Caramels. Basically, dessert is good.
11) What’s your favorite kind of writing to do? (i.e. blog post, creative, letter, etc.)
Creative, followed by blog post. I pretty much enjoy all writing though.
Technically, I’m suppose to nominate fellow bloggers, but I’m going to copy my buddy, Rebecca and invite anyone who wants to join in to do so, because ya’ll bring sunshine into my life and deserve a reward!