Yup, I’m doing it again: copying from my blogging buddies. Listen, I set a goal to blog two times a week, which I am doing – thank you very much. And in order to meet that goal, I need a little help from my friends, like Rebecca who recently shared a fun post on her Top 3 Things. I loved it and decided to borrow the idea, which she had already borrowed from a friend. Because let’s be real: blogging is all about copying your buddies.
Here are a Few of My Favorite Things
I removed a few from Rebecca’s list that weren’t relevant to me. Feel free to copy and play along on your blog!
Favorite Binge Shows
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Honestly any new-to-me show, whether or not it’s actually new doesn’t matter. I can late to the party for both Blackish and Brooklyn Nine-Nine and have been binging the shows and loving them.
Honorable Mentions:The Big Bang Theory (more the older ones than the newer ones), Bones, Murder She Wrote (I’m old), Barefoot Contessa (I like cooking shows), Mom and whatever catches my fancy at the moment.
Shows I never binge and take extreme pride in noting: Friends and Seinfeld.
- Goonies (Cuz I’m a Goonie for life)
- Black Panther | Captain America: Winter Solider | Thor: Ragnarok
- Toy Story 3 (I cry every time cuz it makes me feel all the feels)
Honorable Mentions: The original Star Wars trilogy (I love Ewoks so suck it Return of the Jedi haters), Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Nanny McPhee, Basically any Pixar movie, The Conjuring, John Wick, Creed, You’ve Got Mail, Never Been Kissed, The Breakfast Club, The Dark Knight, Terminator 2, Die Hard …. the list goes on and on.
- Harry Potter series (Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite) by J.K. Rowling
- In Death series (Treachery In Death is my favorite) by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Honorable Mentions: So many! I love books 1-7 of the Sookie Stackhouse series, The Hollows series by Kim Harrison, Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Becoming by Michelle Obama, Roses of May by Dot Hutchison, The Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds, Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough, The Mothers by Britt Bennet, One Plus One by JoJo Moyes … and the list goes on and on.
Favorite Local (LAish) Places to Eat
- Yang Chow, Chinatown, LA. Their Slippery Shrimp (horrible name, I know) is delicious.
- Katella Deli and Bakery in Los Alamitos. A Jewish diner with outstanding corned beef. Their deli/bakery is also full of great treats too.
- Blue Water Seafood Market and Grill in San Diego (so no this is not close to LA). It’s crazy good with a crazy long wait but worth it. The Snapper Buffalo Sandwich is freaking amazing.
- Christmas (I like presents and Santa knows this so it’s foolish to pretend otherwise)
- My birthday. It’s a holiday, I swear. Although I have, somehow, miraculously stopped aging. Yay me!
- Halloween. I don’t dress up or decorate or do anything cool. I just like to buy bags of candy that I’m going to pretend give to my non-existent trick-or-treaters.
Favorite Subjects in High School/College
Favorite Celebrities You’d Be Best Friends With
- Sandra Oh
- Ava DuVernay
Top 3 Places to Shop
- Target (aka the place you just give your paycheck to every month)
- Amazon (aka the second place you give your paycheck to every month)
- Grocery stores. Seriously I love to grocery shop. It’s weird; I know.
Three Things I Always Have in My Purse
I’m weird in that I don’t carry much in my purse besides my wallet and maybe a feminine hygiene product (TMI?). I rarely carry my phone which isn’t necessarily something to brag about but is the truth. The exception is when some punk stole my purse that had my wallet, car keys (lordy, don’t ever lose them because they cost a fortune to replace), glasses, smartphone (yes, the one freaking time I had it in my purse) and a library book (yes, they made me pay for the book even after I gave them my sob story and puppy eyes).
Favorite Things to Buy at Trader Joe’s
- Pasta (seriously, buy their pasta because it’s imported from Italy, which means it’s basically organic pasta for 99 cents)
- Cheese, especially goat cheese and feta cheese (again cheap!)
- Chicken Potstickers (Add them to hot ‘n sour soup, so freaking good!)
Honorable Mentions: Hummus (seriously delicious and cheap), pizza dough, coconut oil, olive oil, artichokes (in a can) and did I mention their awesome cheese selection? Just checking because it’s fabulous.
Favorite Workout Activities
- I hate exercising
Favorite Things to Eat for Supper
- Pizza, preferably vegetarian but I’ll eat almost any kind of pizza.
- Pasta (Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chicken Parmesan, Macaroni and Cheese or basically anything that involves noodles and sauce.
- Brinner … breakfast for dinner. Pancakes always hit the spot!
- Ice Cream Dessert. A childhood favorite with its crispy Oreo Crust and rich, homemade fudge topping.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling. Both my brother and I agree this is one of our favorite desserts our Mom made.
- Fruit Pizza. I won a blue ribbon at my County Fair with this dessert. To be fair, my Mom heavily helped me make it. 😀
Favorite Real Housewives Franchises
I left this one in because I’m weirdly proud of the fact that I have never watched an episode of The Real Housewives of Anywhere. And I’ve also never watched an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians or The Bachelor or Bachelorette. I don’t like Reality TV.
Favorite TV Shows of All-Time
- Justified (“We dug coal together.”)
- Breaking Bad
- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer (I also liked Angel quite a bit, although Team Spike! And I hate love triangles!)
Favorite Family Traditions
- Christmas Eve at my Grandparents. It’s a been our tradition as long as I can remember. A meal, Christmas Eve Candlelight service, and open presents. Oh yeah. Eat lots of sweet treats too!
- Pretty much every holiday is a family gathering and I love it, especially now realizing that not everyone does this.
- Telling my parents they need to get a cat. They resist but I persist!
Favorite Things to Do on a Rainy Day
- Movie marathon or binge watch favorite TV shows
- Listen to the rain (I love the sound of rain falling)
Favorite Ways to Pamper Myself
- Spa Day: hot stone massage, facial, pedicure. The works!
- Read a good book with a purring cat snuggled next to me.
- Eat at a favorite restaurant.
Pick one or ten and let me know your answers or feel free to grab the prompts and do this on your blog! I’d love to see your answers.