Sorry I haven’t been around much. It’s been a mix of low blogging mojo, insomnia, allergies (and medication drowsiness that somehow makes my insomnia worse) and hunting fleas (thanks Max) and flies (thanks Fall). It sounds so very dramatic but it’s not. Well, it is in my mind but in the real world – it ain’t no thing at all. 😀 And it’s finally starting to get under control … sort of. So I’m back. Sort of. I have zero ideas of my own but my buddy, Rebecca Jo from Knit by God’s Hand, recently posted this so … you know. Feel free to grab this for your blog as I’d love to learn 3 more things that you like and dislike too!
Things I Like to Give:
- Surprise gifts.
- Food (such as making a special meal or treat for you).
- Joy. I like to make people laugh and feel good.
Things I Like to Receive:
- Gifts (I like jewelry and hand bags, just saying).
- Cats (I would, generally speaking, like receiving cats, although it could be a potential hoarding issue at some point).
- Book recommendations (I actually prefer receiving recommendations than actual books because I like to decide which books earn a spot on my bookshelf).
Things I Hate that Many People Like:
- Friends and Seinfeld. Didn’t like them during Must-See TV or now.
- Traveling. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely places I want to visit and I understand why people enjoy traveling, but I’d rather get a massage or facial or buy a fancy handbag or do something else … in most instances.
- Reality TV. Not a fan. Period.
Things I Love that Many People Hate:
- Grocery shopping. Not necessarily during peak hours, mind you, but I love seeing all the different products. I find it calming. But I also just love food.
- Cold offices. Most offices (and stores for that matter) are overly air-conditioned in the summer, which doesn’t bother this can’t-stand-the-heat girl one bit. Also, because I am complex (sort of), I don’t like actual cold weather (sub-zero temperatures) because BRRRRRR.
- Parentheses. I use them (a lot) and have zero regrets (typically) about my love for them. Sometimes I may (occasionally) use them incorrectly but I don’t care under most circumstances (unless you are someone I want to impress). To be fair, I don’t know anyone who actually hates parentheses, but I imagine my overuse of them probably drives some people nuts. 😀
Clothes I Find Uncomfortable:
- Thongs. I know, TMI. But seriously, super duper uncomfortable and I feel like they must have been created by a man who hated women.
- Bras. I know, TMI again. But seriously, super duper uncomfortable … and see above.
- Sleeveless tops. I actually love them but not on me. I have batwing arms and feel very self-conscious in them. Some day I won’t.
Clothes I Find Super Duper Comfortable and Live In
- T-shirts and shorts. My daily uniform.
- Elastic-waist banded pants. This is actually super bad. Don’t ever fall into this trap. It’s how you accidentally get fat. I mean, sure, they alone don’t cause weight gain but stretchy waist bands make it easy to pack on a few extra pounds without noticing. Ask me how I know this.
- Joggers overs leggings. Just a more flattering fit on me.
Things I Dislike Seeing Other People Post:
- Sponsored posts that are pure propaganda. I have zero issue with helping a blogger earn some coin from their stellar, balanced review that helps me make an informed decision whether to buy something or not. I, in fact, not only appreciate those posts but really enjoy reading them. My issue stems with those who simply promote every single product and rave about them without nuance. They just want to earn coin. We’re not in Legoland; Everything is NOT awesome.
- Overly cryptic posts. Sometimes you need/want to be a bit vague. That’s fine; it’s your blog. It’s your choice what parts of your life are open to public consumption. But some people aren’t just “Oh, things have been busy” or “I’ve got something big in the works and can’t wait to share it with you in the upcoming weeks” or whatever but are being super dramatic for the sake of being super dramatic. Also, most of the time, nothing that dramatic is happening.
- Put down posts. The kind where the blogger shares … vacation pics, promotion news, engagement/wedding/baby announcements, etc. intentionally written in a manner to make you feel bad versus celebrate their good news with them.
Things I Love Seeing Other People Post:
- Products (especially beauty products) that they love and use, whether sponsored or not. I love them, provided they are honest.
- Thought-provoking posts. Some bloggers always keep things light, which is fine, but I do love it when a blogger gets really real too, which sometimes means discussing the hard and difficult stuff too.
- Recipes. What can I say? I’m a foodie at heart and always looking for new recipes to try.
Those are just a few things that like and dislike and should add the caveat of today only. In other words, ask me in a week (or tomorrow) and the list might be different!
Your turn! Pick one and tell me your 3 things!