We live in weird times. Some days I feel like the sky is literally falling and the end is nigh. Other times I feel deeply optimistic that everything is not only going to be okay but amazing. Like, we faced our flaws and prejudices and hates and conquered them for good. Of course, then the real world evades again and I want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head. Like I said, weird times.
As I am in that weird place once again, feeling both restless and uneasy, I decided to focus on happy thoughts. Even with all the crap news we deal with on a daily basis, there is good stuff. No, amazing stuff happens daily — if we paid attention. I’m not suggesting we ignore the bad, but to not get lost in it and become unable to see the great. The amazing. The wonderful.
10 Things I am Loving Right Now
A snippet of the things I love and bring me joy.
- A cat laying on my feet underneath the desk while I work.
- Heat, electricity and running water. I enjoy reading historical fiction, in part because it reminds how fortunate we are that corsets are no longer in vogue and the miracle of indoor plumbing.
- The yummy pepperoni pizza I made and devoured. Not in one sitting! I gotta little more self control than that!
- Books. Glorious, glorious books! I ❤️ you!
- My swimming pool, hot tub and stairways that aid me on my get healthy journey.
- Coffee. Big buckets of that sweet, dark nectar of the Gods.
- Blogging buddies. You inspire me. You make laugh and cry and rage with you. I may never get to meet you face-to-face but my heart knows you.
- Family and friends. Thanks for putting up with me. Enough said. ?
- My laptop. Sometimes you irk me. When you run slow or crash because you’re mad that I have 88,000 windows and programs open simultaneously. But still, you complete me.
- Spotify. Praying by Kesha, Beautiful Trauma by Pink and Never Be the Same by Camila Cabello are on heavy rotation. Please don’t judge. I love my pop princesses! Also, lots of old school Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston, real Pop Royalty.
I told you mine. Now tell me what makes you happy?